Monday, June 18, 2007

4-Wheeling on the Patton Trail

This is my first attempt at blogging. Cashelle and Amanda make it look like so much fun, I thought I would try it. So, here goes . . .Today Curt and I decided to venture up the canyon on the 4-wheelers. We have two now (thanks to Chris) so we were both able to drive. Lucky also made the trip with us. This is a picture of Curt carving our names in a tree (don't tell anybody, we'd get in trouble). And I didn't think he could be romantic!
Here I am in all my glory on the yellow 4-wheeler. Curt took me places I didn't think I would be able to manuever a 4-wheeler through. We went up Manti Canyon to the Patton trail and rode it all the way to the top of Burnt Hill. We came out just above Milky Falls and rode the main road home. A couple of times I tried to get Curt to drive my 4-wheeler but he made me stick it out and do it by myself. We went through a few water holes and up a lot of steep hills. I did survive!
This is Patton Reservoir. We tried to get Lucky to jump in to get a stick but she wouldn't cooperate. She did get her feet wet--but wouldn't jump in. Then she would jump on Curt's 4-wheeler and get it all muddy.
Curt and Lucky at Patton Reservoir. It was so pretty up there! And we didn't even run into anybody until our trip home.
This is a site where a log cabin used to stand. It had to be torn down because the owner died (that's the way the Forest Service does things, unfortunately). All in all we had a very nice trip. I got sunburned and dusty--but we had a great time. Maybe being "empty nesters" won't be so bad!

3 comments:

Cashelle said...

Mom-
That's great! I'll keep checking back. What about that cabin? Where is it? And where is that lake? I don't know if I've ever seen it.

Robinson Gang said...

I love it that you started your blog. What a neat trip up the canyon. Living in Las Vegas sure makes me appreciate the beauty back home!! This is a great way to keep in contact. Talk to you soon.

Amy

The Kjars said...

Mom,
Hey your blog looks great. You and Dad look like you're having lots of fun without all of us kids. The pictures looked great! good job on your first blog11

Amanda and Chris