Monday, September 1, 2008

Catchin' Up

Okay, it's been a while since I last updated my blog. Since our trip to Alaska the first part of August, we had Cody's first birthday party, school has started again (yuck!), the county fair, and my Snow College roommate reunion. I have included a few pictures from all events, except for school starting. I am beginning my 33rd year of teaching this year. I expect to go five or six more before I'm done. Hopefully, Curt will be able to retire from the school after this year (it's about time--he'll be 67 by then!) but he plans on driving school bus for a few more years more. This first picture is of Cody celebrating his 1st birthday. We had so much fun. After a dinner at our house, we rented the Manti Aquatic Center where we all went swimming afterward. We had a good turnout at the party and even more showed up at the swimming pool. We also had a little baby shower for Cashelle. She is expecting Spencer in a just a couple of more weeks. Here's Cody with his birthday hat on. He's so cute! Thomas is getting so big. He is now two years old and saying about every word you ask him to say. He is so cute, too!
Audrey and Madalynn at Cody's party. Audrey starts preschool this year and Madalynn has graduated to the 1st grade! My grandkids are growing up way too fast!
Cody and his mom and dad.
Grandma Kjar and Curt at the party.
Grandma Duncan celebrating Cody's birthday.
Cody could hardly wait to get his hands on his chocolate cake covered with gummy worms!
This is a painting by Gus. He had taken an awesome picture of Grandpa Ben and decided to paint one from it. He received the sweepstakes at the county fair. He did such a great job.
A close up of Grandpa Ben's painting. Isn't it awesome!
On Saturday, August 30, my roommates from Snow College and I had a little reunion (34 years after we had gone to Snow together). From left to right: me, Mardene, Virginia, Bev (behind the sign), Charlotte, Juanita, and Connie. We missed Leila and Dianne. Hopefully they will come next time. We are planning to get together again in the spring. We picked on a student passerby to take our photo. Mardene told her we were new freshmen coming in this year.
Here we are at Polly's Brain Freeze. We had a great time reminiscing, laughing, showing off pictures, etc. Back from left to right: me, Virginia, Bev, Mardene and Juanita. Front left to right: Connie and Charlotte.
Here we are gathered around the table at Polly's Brain Freeze. Next time we get together, we are planning on going to St. George. Go Snow College Badgers!








2 comments:

JAKKnielson said...

The pictures of Cody's birthday are way fun. He got big fast. Those pictures of you and your roommates are awesome. I can't believe you still get together with them. That is pretty amazing. That should be in the paper or something. Ha! No, you're not that old. That would be fun though. I only keep in touch with one of my college roommates....Lacey. Ha Ha!

Unknown said...

Cody's birthday was a fun day. Thanks for inviting us. I bet you had fun with your roommates.