Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why, I otta . . .

Can I just tell you how irate I am at the moment? Today, my 87-year-old mother got a phone call from a gentleman (I wouldn't call him a gentleman--let's just say a male) who said he was calling about her "favorite grandson." She said, "I don't have a favorite grandson. They're all my favorites." Then this guy said he was calling from Canada and that her "favorite" grandson had been hurt in an accident, and they needed money to cover a rental car. He only needed $2,000. She told him she didn't have that kind of money. Then he had the nerve to ask her "what about a credit card number then?" She said she didn't have a credit card either. The conversation ended.

I am so MAD at these predators who can't get off their *&^#$% and get a job and work like the rest of us. Any of you reading this, DO NOT GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE TO ANYONE! If it is that important, they can find another way to get in touch with you.

Needless to say, I called the sheriff's office to report it. You'd think they could trace the phone number and find out where it's coming from. Don't any of you fall for this scam. Something should be done to the scumbags.

3 comments:

JAKKnielson said...

That is very messed up!!

Unknown said...

I agree totally. It's too bad that there is those kind of people out there! Poor mom, she was really upset.

Cashelle said...

The sad part is, in our newspaper it said that a couple of people in our area gave the same guy thousands of dollars. They're probably the people who can least afford it. JERK!!