Sunday, August 19, 2007

A New Baby in the Family--Cody Curtis

We have a new baby in the family!--our fourth grandchild (second grandson). Chris and Amanda had their baby on Thursday, August 16, about 10:30 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. He is a sweetie! Amanda sure was a trooper. I am really proud of her. She went natural all the way. Looking at her picture she looks a little drugged (just kidding, Amanda) but she wasn't! Tired, is what I would call it. She had no epidural, no painkillers, no shots, nothing. I was so proud of her. She had a little fever before she delivered so the baby had to have an IV with antibiotics just to make sure he didn't get sick. That's why the picture below looks like he has a cast on. Amanda's mom, DeAnne, was able to come and stay with her the week before delivery and was there with her in the hospital. I was so glad she was able to be there to help Amanda. Chris is the proudest papa!


Cashelle, Lacey, Madalynn, and Audrey made the sign for Amanda. She cried when she came home and saw it. That was so sweet of the girls to do that for her.

Cody is so cute! (I'm not prejudiced or anything.) Just look at that cute little dimple in his chin. He's going to be a heartbreaker. Wow, isn't family wonderful?!?

1 comment:

Robinson Gang said...

He's adorable. Good for Amanda going natural all the way. I think you feel different after delivery when you go natural. I had Aubree & Alexa with epidurals and Erick without anything. I think there was a major difference. Congratulation again!

Amy