Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend at Pompa and Gammie's

Cashelle, Madalynn, Audrey, and Thomas came to visit this weekend since A. J. was in Mexico City. We had a real nice visit. Amanda called on Saturday morning to see what we were doing. When we told her Cashelle and the kids were here, she said if she'd only known that they would have come up, too. So, Madalynn called Chris. It didn't take much convincing--they decided to come up, too. They were going to bring Landon and Lacey with them, but Lacey had to be in St. George at 2 p.m. I can hardly wait until Memorial Day weekend--we are ALL going camping. It's going to be great!

This picture is an older one--but it is one of my favorites. This is my two favorite granddaughters, Madalynn and Audrey. Madalynn is turning 6 on Thursday, May 1! I can't believe she is that old! Pompa keeps convincing the kids they can't grow, because we want to keep them little. They don't listen very well. Here is Cody--getting his first haircut. Chris wanted Carol to give him his first haircut so bad since she gave him his first. But, she wasn't at home. She has a a wedding next weekend so I'm sure she was up north. So, Amanda decided to be brave and cut it herself. She did a GREAT job. I remember cutting Cashelle's bangs once--no more hair cutting for me! You can see how long his hair was, and here he is only 8 months old.
Here is mommy, getting ready to do the do. Cody is keeping a watchful eye on the scissors.
Nope, Cody isn't enjoying this at all! Daddy finally had to come and help.
Here is the final result. Doesn't he look handsome? I think he looks so cute anyway--but the haircut made him look more grown up. Amanda, you did a great job!
One of the favorite toys for the kids to play with is a Fisher-Price tape player and headset we got Lacey when she was little. Now, it's Tommy's turn. I had to laugh when I saw where he put the earpieces. Audrey used to put them on her little cheeks, right in front of her ears. Don't I just have the cutest grandkids? I'm getting excited for another one in September--Cashelle's having a boy. That will give us two girls and three boys. Our family is growing! Now it's Lacey and Landon's turn one of these days (right?)--we'e looking forward to it.


3 comments:

Cashelle said...

It was a fun weekend. Thanks for everything.

Olsens said...

Becky, your grandkids are darling! You make being a grandma look so fun.

Amy and Dave B. said...

Hi Kjars. I came upon your blog because Haylee had Cashelle on her friends list and then yours was on Cashelle's list so I thought I would check it out. Maybe you could get my parents going on a blog:) It's fun to look at them.
Amy Maylett Braithwaite