Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lacey Turns 21!!!

News headline--Lacey is now legal. She turned 21 on Wednesday so she wanted to take her first trip to Mesquite. She, Landon, Lyndsay, Dusten, Jerry, Shelly, Chris, Amanda, Cody, Curt, and I went along. We had a great time together (other than it probably was a little too soon after Curt's surgery--he was hurting quite a bit). Curt and I stopped and picked up Landon's mom and dad so we could ride together. On Friday night, we decided to go bowling. Lacey was up first. She got to the foul line and went right down the lane herself. She ended up on her hands and knees. Well, that did it for me. I didn't hardly dare get up to the foul line. I think I bowled my worst game ever! Then we played one more--I didn't get a lot higher. Lacey kicked all our butts and did some acrobatic moves besides.

Also on Friday, we played Bingo. I happened to win $50 on that one. On Saturday, Chris, Amanda, and Cody joined in the fun. Before they got there, Lacey, Landon, Lyndsay, and Dusten went swimming. The rest of us didn't get that far. It was only 112 degrees.

All in all it was a great weekend. You can tell the economy isn't so great right now. Usually on the weekends it is packed. Not a lot of people there.

Well, Lacey, I hope you had a fun time. I know the rest of us did. Now we can look forward to our Alaska trip! We'll DEFINITELY take tons of pictures on that one.

1 comment:

The Happy Holladay's said...

I remember turning 21! My hubby and I made it a point to go to Vegas! Hope things are going well for you and Curt!