Monday, June 2, 2008

Surgery Day

Just a quick update on Curt . . . .

We had to be in Payson by 8:30 a.m. to prep for his surgery. (For those of you unaware, Curt was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few weeks ago after a biopsy found cancer. He had to wait for the biopsy to heal before they could perform the surgery.)

Anyway, we got to Payson Hospital at 8:30 a.m. Finally, at 10:30 a.m. he was taken back and I was sent out to the waiting room to wait with Chris, Amanda, and Cody, who showed up for moral support. At about 2:15 Dr. Kronmiller came to the waiting room to talk to us. He removed his prostate along with lymph nodes (I think--or he just checked them--I'm not sure up to this point). The Dr. said the lymph nodes looked great so they don't think the cancer had spread past the prostate (let's hope and pray). They, of course, will test the lymph nodes to be certain the cancer hadn't spread. He was pretty confident that this operation should take care of it. I certainly hope so.

Around 3:45 p.m. he was finally in his room, where he will stay until Thursday or Friday of this week.

I was really holding it all together really well until this morning before we left. Curt said, "Let's have a prayer." I offered the prayer and could hardly make it through it. Curt assured me everything will be okay. By the way, his brother, Steve, and Steve's son, Shaun, gave him a blessing last night. It was really nice. I am so thankful for the priesthood and the opportunities it affords us.

I drove home about 8 p.m. and will go back up in the morning. I hope Curt continues to get better and better until he is able to come back home. Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers. We really appreciate it.

No comments: