Sunday, August 2, 2009

Milestones . . . .

Lots of things have happened since my last post: Curt finished his last radiation treatment (hip, hip, horray!). That has been a feat in itself. It only took 45 trips to Provo--now that summer is about over I'd sure like to have it back. Oh well. We have had family gatherings, parades, etc., etc. We also enjoyed a surprise 30th anniversary party--which I don't have any pictures of. Our kids arranged a surprise party for Curt and I. The little kids even knew about it but no one let on. We were so shocked! Chris took us to Spring City to see his job while everyone gathered in our garage. We were both so surprised to see everyone there. Lacey made us a video (which was totally awesome), we had cake and ice cream, the garage was decorated with tables and pictures, and Shelly (Landon's mom) had put together a quilt with pictures of some of our most precious moments as a couple (I'm going to take a picture of it and put it on my blog later.). I still get teary-eyed when I think about it. Thank you all! This first picture is of Lyndsay (Lacey's sister-in-law), Lacey, and I waiting for the KENNY CHESNEY concert to begin. It was so HOT!!!! (meaning the concert was awesome, but the temperature was hot, too.) Sugarland was supposed to be there too, but the lead singer injured her vocal chords and had to cancel. Bummer. I kind of have that effect on concerts. When I took Lacey to see the Backstreet Boys, Shaggy was supposed to be there but the concert had to be postponed so I didn't get to see Shaggy either. Back to the concert: We watched Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, and then Kenny Chesney. We had terrific seats. The concert started at 5:30 at the Rio Tinto Stadium on July 23. It didn't get over until about 11:15. Lady Antebellum performing.
Miranda Lambert's turn. She is a wild woman.
Miranda Lambert again. Her lead guitarist with her here is from Salt Lake City.
Heeeeeeeeere's Kenny!
Wow, what a performer.
Kenny's cute with his Ute's hat on.
On the 24th of July, we went to Fairview for the parade.
It was a great parade. I have never seen the kids get so much candy!
Grandma Kjar and Madalynn enjoying a BBQ.
Cody was mesmerized by Grandma Kjar's cane.
Two cousins--Spencer and Taylor.
In the backyard, enjoying each other's company.
More backyard pics.
The boys LOVE to wrestle with Chris (Tommy calls him "Curr").
Can't forget Jayleigh!
Sparklers are always a lot of fun.
More sparklers.
Visiting in the backyard.
Fireworks!

Watching fireworks.
Quite the crowd.

Curt's graduation certificate and bottle of sparkling apple/cranberry soda. It was so cute when he walked out with this on his last treatment day.

Curt, I am so proud of you for your patience through this ordeal. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers on his behalf.

4 comments:

Cashelle said...

Nice update. I am so glad that Dad is done with his treatment as well. Love you guys.

Unknown said...

I am glad the treatments are all done now. Hope you guys enjoy what is left of the summer. I love you guys.

The Kjars said...

how fun! glad you updated!

Jerry Twitchell Family said...

I'm glad that Curt's treatments are over. I still can't get over how quiet your grandkids were about the party. Landon and Lacey were so excited about the quilt. I'm glad they had computer skills or I would still be trying to figure it out. You guys deserve it.