Sunday, August 9, 2009

Timber ! ! !

Before I explain the TIMBER--look at this huge sun dog we saw on Skyline Drive today. If you look closely you can see the colors although they appear to be a little faint. Another picture of the sun dog between the two trees.
The other day Kelly called me over to Granny's house to "show me something." The wind was blowing, and the west half of her tree out in front of the house was swaying toward the house. We were afraid it would fall into her porch or bay window. Candy called a tree service in Redmond. They said they could come and look at it Monday or Tuesday. This happened to be Thursday, August 6. We were afraid it would fall before then, so Kelly called Floyd Bishop, a local guy who cuts trees who happens to have one hand. He said he'd come down and look at it. Within 30 minutes he had it cut down and Curt and Josh were hauling it away. Now that's what I call service.
We had to tease Granny, though. When the boys were young, they used to sneak out at night out of their bedroom windows upstairs and climb down the tree. Now Granny won't be able to escape through her bedroom window anymore either!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe how fast that all happened! I just want you to know how much I appreciate everything you guys did that day. Someday I hope to up and be able to help. I love you guys tons. Thanks again!

JAKKnielson said...

That is so crazy! That tree was so cool! So glad it didn't fall on the house.