Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley

President Gordon B. Hinckley
June 23, 1910-January 27, 2008 The First Presidency prior to Presidency Hinckley's death.
I would be totally remiss if I didn't add my thoughts on our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. He was truly a prophet of God. He has done so much for the church in these latter days. The world's eyes have been opened as to what a Latter-Day Saint really is. With President Hinckley's wit, humor, and wisdom, he has let the world know that we really aren't that different from other people. We love God, we worship Jesus Christ, we believe in helping our fellow man. I love him so much. He will always hold a special place in my heart.
Can you imagine the sweet reunion with his dear sweet wife? He has missed her so badly. I am happy for him--I am sad for us. I pray that we can take just part of what he was and institute it in our own lives. We love you, President Hinckley!

1 comment:

Drew said...

Becky, I feel the same way about President Hinckley. Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, you are so welcome to come to my blog. Thank you for the comments, I'm glad someone is reading them. Bridget.