Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Lady with the Pink Gun

This weekend I was looking out my kitchen window and was watching a stare down. Lucky was tied up to her doghouse when this deer came around the corner of the shed. Then it noticed Lucky. They looked at each other for about five minutes. Then Lucky started to get up and run toward the deer, and it bounded off. They have been loving our front yard eating berries that have fallen off the trees. Okay, here is the pink gun--I didn't get a picture of Lacey with it though. Landon bought Lacey a pink .22 this weekend. They came up to let us see it, and we went shooting down by the river bridge. This is Landon shooting Lacey's gun and Curt shooting his. It was so cold we couldn't stay long.
Here is Curt with the pink special. Doesn't he look cute with a pink gun? Right after this picture was taken, Curt found a thistle across the river with the head still on it. He said, "Let's try to shoot it." So he, Landon, and Lacey took turns trying to hit it. It wasn't very big. Then Curt wanted me to take a shot at it. Guess what? I was the winner!!! I shot it off! Landon started laughing, and Curt just couldn't believe his eyes. He didn't know he had a trigger-happy wife!

1 comment:

Cashelle said...

That looks fun! I didn't even know they made pink guns. Love the picture of the deer. I can't believe you shot the thistle. Kind of like me shooting the bird at the way tip top of that huge pine tree. Maybe we should try to show up all the guys and get licenses and shoot huge deer and elk.