Sunday, November 16, 2008

Be thankful . . . .

Lyndsay (Landon's sister) had a wonderful idea. She decided to do a post every day until Thanksgiving that tells about something she is grateful for. I hope she doesn't mind, but I thought that was such a super idea, I want to try it too.

I, like Lyndsay, am most grateful for the gospel. I don't know where I would be without it. In church today, we had a homecoming and a farewell. The spirit was so strong. I am so grateful to be a member of the church. I just wish everyone knew what a wonderful thing it is to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It means everything to me. Anything that is important to me came about because of the gospel: family (which is one of the church's most important facets), a temple marriage, a priesthood holder in my home, the scriptures, I could go on and on. I challenge anyone reading this blog to jot down your thankful things before Thanksgiving arrives. We still have several days.

Too many people hear such awful things about the church that are simply not true. Don't believe everything you hear. Find out for yourself. Get a copy of the Book of Mormon. Read it! You'll find out. There is an amazing promise in Moroni 10:4 which you can try out for yourself. Don't know where to get one? Let me know--I can help you find one.

Happy thankful blogging!

No comments: