Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful, Day 6

I am thankful for my job.

Listening to the news and hearing about the thousands of people who are losing their jobs, I am so thankful for mine. This is my 33rd year in my teaching career. Who'd ever have thought 33 years would pass so quickly? I do have one major regret--that is that I worked while my children were growing up. I always felt like I shortchanged them to some degree--well, maybe a lot. And, I felt shortchanged myself. Not being with them all day I missed some of their "firsts" that babysitters would tell me about. That always bothered me. But, there were advantages, too, when they reached school age. We had the same vacations and summers off which was a nice perk. I hope my children will forgive me for being a working mom. We really didn't have much choice at the time. Aside from that, education has been a great career for me. Teaching high school kids has kept me young.

1 comment:

Cashelle said...

WHATEVER! We love you so much and have never been upset at you for working. Like you said you do what you have to do. I love you.