Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful, Day 2

I am thankful for family. That is next on my list.

I love it when all the kids come home with the grandkids. It makes a houseful but we always have such a good time. I'm thankful for my children (Cashelle, Chris, and Lacey) and their spouses. They all chose great spouses--I love all of them. They complement our family (A.J., Amanda, and Landon). I'm thankful for my five cute, loveable grandchildren (with a new one coming in February to Lacey and Landon). They have to be the cutest grandkids (Madalynn, Audrey, Thomas, Spencer, and Cody) in the world, and I'm not kidding! I'm thankful for my parents, brothers, and sisters. I'm thankful for Curt's parents, brothers and sisters. And, of course, I'm thankful for extended family on both sides. I am especially thankful for Curt. I love him very much. I don't know what I would do without him. We make such a good team. He is so logical (which I'm not). But I'm good at other things like balancing the checkbook (which he definitely is not). We really do work well together. He is also a wonderful grandpa. He loves his grandchildren, and they love him. He is a fun grandpa. He loves to play with the kids. They mean the world to him (and me).

When you think about it, what kind of life would you have if you didn't have family? It would be a lonely, desolate life without family.

2 comments:

Cashelle said...

We all love you too!!

The Newby Family said...

Great minds do think alike. I am very excited for Laceys baby shower. I hope Cashelle is there so that we can visit and I can see that cute new baby of hers.