Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful, Day 9


I am thankful for pets.

Pets are a blessing in our lives. They become one of the family. Today I am very sad. We had to have my friend of 15 years, Simba, put to sleep today. When we first got her, Lacey was just a little girl--I believe she was about 6 years old. We decided to visit the Humane Society in Salt Lake to choose our pet. Simba definitely had her own personality. She wanted what she wanted. One thing she didn't want was grandkids. She didn't enjoy being around kids, or crowds for that matter. She scared A. J. to death. All he'd have to do is walk past her and she would hiss at him. She hissed at ALL the grandkids. She hissed at Chris. She hissed at Cashelle. She hissed at Lacey. She even hissed at me sometimes. But, I loved her. I'm going to miss my friend.

2 comments:

Twitchell Family said...

That is a great picutre of her. I am going to miss her so much!!

Cashelle said...

I am going to miss her.