Monday, November 16, 2009

I am Thankful--Days 14, 15, and 16

Had to lump a few together. You'll see why as you read on.

Today I am thankful I'm a grandparent. It's great to have the grandkids come and stay--and it's great that they can go back home with their parents. I don't say that to be rude. I love my grandchildren. But, I'm too old to raise another full-time family. We had a wonderful weekend while Cashelle and A.J. got to travel to Phoenix for the Seattle Seahawks/Arizona Cardinals game. I'm grateful that they had the opportunity to get away. It's so hard to get time away as a couple when you have kids at home. Been there, done that. Curt and I really did get along well with all four kids (Madlynn, Audrey, Thomas, and Spencer) this weekend. There was a lot of TV watchin', computer playin', picture paintin', TV watchin', Play Doh playin', treat eatin', TV watchin', book reading', and did I say TV watchin'? I'm sorry, but they did watch a lot of TV. We did see some good movies together though: "Up" (what a cute movie), "Finn on the Fly," Phineas and Ferb (for Thomas), Hannah Montana (for Madalynn and Audrey). Spencer is really taking off on his walking and boy does he love to eat! If I didn't get him exactly what everyone else had he came unglued.

On Sunday, the girls and I went to church while Grandpa tended Thomas and Spencer. Before I left I said, "Here's the diapers and wipes." He just said, "I won't be needing them." Grandpa did get kind of upset with me, though. The girls wanted to stay for primary so I stayed for the entire three-hour block. When I got home, there was stuff from my drawers all over the kitchen. Curt said, "And I already have picked it up three times!" Then he went in his own bedroom and shut the door. Oh, well. It was good for him to see what a mom really has to do, and the girls and I had a great time at church. I just hope the kids had a good time. We sure did!

1 comment:

Cashelle said...

They had a great time! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!